Monday, August 27, 2012

It's over...

It's finally over. And not in a good way.

Recently, I have been reading a book called "Love Does" by Bob Goff.



It is one of the most amazing books I have read- which sounds completely cliche, but is totally true. It is one of those books which I have read slowly, on purpose as to experience it as long as possible, and one that I plan on reading...more in depth...very soon in the future.

Bob has taken me on an adventure full of laughter and tears. He has somehow managed to make me feel completely insignificant, but uncontrollably empowered at the same time.

If you have not heard of the book, here is a brief excerpt. I love how he illustrates whimsy throughout the book.

    "Living a life fully engaged and full of whimsy and the kind of things that love does is something most people plan to do, but along the way they just kind of forget. Their dreams become one of those “we’ll go there next time” deferrals. The sad thing is, for many there is no “next time” because passing on the chance to cross over is an overall attitude toward life rather than a single decision. They need a change of attitude, not more opportunities."

I highly recommend this read. And then, I invite you to share your thoughts here.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you said it makes you feel insignificant, yet empowered at the same time. That's how I felt: fully aware of how short my time is here on earth but also how majestic our Father's love is for us...which makes us a million times more capable of accomplishing great things than we can do on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just read it :) But it's not fictional right, more informational... right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Everything you read is the absolute truth...even though it may sometimes be hard to believe! I definitely recommend it! And if you do decide to read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

      Delete